I recently had the honor of representing multiple US technology and IoT companies based out of Nevada in the Nevada Global trade mission to Poland, Slovenia, Croatia, and the Czeck Republic from February 28th – March 15th, 2020. The US delegation was led by the Governor’s Office of Economic Development (GOED) with the goal to support market entry and global expansion of Nevada and US companies and identify grounds for international collaboration.
I am happy to report that the trip thoroughly exceeded my expectations. Through Nevada Global, I was able to advocate for the many companies within Ioterra, and have identified opportunities for product and service export. Additionally, I was able to find multiple impressive foreign technology partners and have begun to enter into successful global, collaborative agreements.
Here is a quick spotlight on some of the amazing technology companies that I met during the trade mission, organized by city:
- Decerto: In the market since 2006 as a supplier of advanced IT systems for the business. A great company with a solid track record offering services to companies in insurance, finance and telecommunication sectors as well as to enterprises with large numbers of clients and data.
- Iteo: A web and mobile development company that has accomplished over 130 custom software development projects since 2011. They included various native and hybrid mobile applications, web applications and enterprise solutions using Flutter and other extraordinary technologies.
- Oktawave: Public cloud migration and management company providing a secure and certified cloud infrastructure along with a host of dedicated multi-cloud solutions.
- Vista – One of the fastest growing producers of aluminum joinery in Poland. Their product line includes state of the art sliding, lifting and sliding, folding and all-glass systems utilized in windows, doors, and facades.
- Embiq – EMBIQ is a technology company empowering R&D teams and projects. The company was built on brilliant experience in IoT, SmartCity and MedTech. During the last 10 years, they have participated in about 300 projects all around Europe and in the United States providing full-stack software development services.
- Chipolo: Chipolo is an item finder that connects your belongings to the free Chipolo app on your phone and helps you find them. Chipolo app works on iPhones and Android phones. Chipolo’s product line consists of Chipolo ONE and Chipolo CARD, each designed for specific use cases.
- Qubino: An innovator and manufacturer of Z-Wave smart home devices. Qubino smart home solutions are the smallest Z-Wave devices in the world with the easiest and quickest installation possible. Their technology delivers superior comfort, safety and energy efficiency. Currently accounts for 50% of the global share in cabin automation on the world’s largest cruiseships.
- Cosylab: Cosylab is a leading provider of control systems for some of the planet’s most complex machines; nuclear accelerators, optical and radio telescopes, fusion reactors, cancer therapy systems and more.
- Dewesoft: Dewesoft develops and manufactures versatile and easy-to-use data acquisition systems – simply amazing tools for test and measurement engineers. Recently able to boast about the providing the worlds smallest IP67 data acquisition module.
- Roto: ROTO manufactures more than 4,000 different products and has been responsible for many innovations in plastic-molding technology during the last 45 years. Manufacturing as a custom molder, ROTO serves a wide variety of industry sectors, including construction, automotive, nautical, logistics, aquaculture and agricultural machinery. Its custom- molded products include fuel and water tanks for motorcycles, tractors, trucks, sailing boats and motorboats, caravans and motorhomes, and components for many different machines.
Ostrava, Czech Republic
- IT4I: IT4Innovations is a leading supercomputing center that provides professional services and conducts research in the field of high performance computing and processing of advanced data sets. Future home to 1 of 5 petascale supercomputers in Europe.
- Nextis: Established in 1999 and focused strictly on software solutions for the automotive spare-part market. Their software processes over 80 thousand daily orders.
Prague and Brno, Czech Republic
- Redhat: The world’s leading provider of enterprise open source solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver high-performing Linux, cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies.
I will be writing extensively (follow me in LinkedIn for updates) in the following weeks about many more companies as well as opportunities for continued and new global collaborations. It is extremely important for small and large companies to continue to work together in the face of this global calamity to support the economy and the future of our population. We can get through this together, until then… na zdrowie, na zdravje, živjeli, Na zdraví and cheers!